The Xperia line-up of Sony has not worked as miracle for Sony, but also for customers as well. They are enjoying high end software and hardware technology in their Xperia Devices. Out of all Xperia devices, the Xperia Go is one good smartphone that has done well in the sales chart. Developers seem to be quite interested in this handset, as Android 4.0.4 is made available for it. You can have a great fun by installing Android 4.0.4 on your Xperia Go. Here is the guide to teach you how to install Android 4.0.4 on Sony Xperia Go.
The custom ROMs and firmwares the best ways to enhance experience with Android device. The installation is also simple, but only for those who are experienced in it. If you are that, then feel free to follow the below guide. If you are not, then let me warn you that the installation process may result in data loss. There is possibility of even bigger loss as well. So, continue with this article at your own risk.
- As I said, data loss’s possibility is there with custom ROMs installation. So, better take backup first. Download apps from Google Play that helps in taking backup. Or, do it manually.
- Charge the battery. Up to which mark? Well, 80 percent at least.
- You need to have USB tools of your Sony’s device. Then only you can connect it to PC via USB cable. Head over to the official website of Sony to download USB tools for your device.
- This guide is specifically for Sony Xperia Go only.
- As you need to download ROM and other files, so, make sure to have Internet with you.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device. For this, you need to head over to ‘Settings’ section of your Android device.
Procedure to Install Android 4.0.4 on Sony Xperia Go
- To start with this process to install Android 4.0.4 on Sony Xperia Go, download the Android ICS ftf file from here.
- Download Flastool from here.
- Copy the ROM file that you downloaded in the second step. Paste it in the folder where you installed the Flashtool downloaded in the first step. Make sure the name of this folder is ‘flashtool’
- Now, open Flashtool executable file on your PC. Choose flashmode. Now choose the ROM file that you just copied in the previous step.
- Switch off your Xperia Go, and turn it ON while pressing Back button. Keep it pressed until you see Red light on the screen.
- Installation of Android 4.0.4 will start.
- Once the installation is done, restart your device.
That’s all. You are successfully done with the process to install Android 4.0.4 on Sony Xperia Go. Need any help? Any particular step creating problem for you? Then don’t hesitate to make us know about that. Use the below comment box to send your problems and queries to us.