Almost all devices of Sony coming under its Xperia series like Sony Xperia Z, Sony Xperia ZL, Sony Xperia ZR, Sony Xperia Ion, have got Android updates on them. The list of blessed devices contain the name of Sony Xperia Neo L MT25i as well. This smartphone has got Android 4.0.4 for it. If you are one of those many who have got this smartphone, then you might be interested in installing Android 4.0.4 on it, right? If yes, then just do follow this guide on how to install Android 4.0.4 on Sony Xperia Neo L MT25i.
The custom ROMs and firmwares the best ways to enhance experience with Android device. The installation is also simple, but only for those who are experienced in it. If you are that, then feel free to follow the below guide. If you are not, then let me warn you that the installation process may result in data loss. There is possibility of even bigger loss as well. So, continue with this article at your own risk.
- As I said, data loss’s possibility is there with custom ROMs installation. So, better take backup first. Download apps from Google Play that helps in taking backup. Or, do it manually.
- Charge the battery. Up to which mark? Well, 80 percent at least.
- You need to have USB tools of your Sony’s device. Then only you can connect it to PC via USB cable. Head over to the official website of Sony to download USB tools for your device.
- This guide is specifically for Sony Xperia Neo L MT25i only.
- As you need to download ROM and other files, so, make sure to have Internet with you.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device. For this, you need to head over to ‘Settings’ section of your Android device.
Process to Install Android 4.0.4 on Sony Xperia Neo L MT25i
- First of all, download Flastool from here.
- The next step in this process to Install Android 4.0.4 on Sony Xperia Neo L MT25i, is to download Android 4.0.4 ROM file from here.
- Now open task manager on PC. Under the ‘process’ tab, look for ‘ adb.exe process’. End it!
- Copy the ROM file that you downloaded in the second step. Paste it in the folder where you installed the Flashtool downloaded in the first step. Make sure the name of this folder is ‘flashtool’
- Now, open Flashtool executable file on your PC. Choose flashmode. Now choose the ROM file that you just copied in the previous step.
- Switch off the device, and turn it ON while pressing Back button. Keep it pressed until you see Red light on the screen.
- Installation of Android 4.0.4 will start.
- Once the installation is done, disconnect your device from PC.
- Restart your device.
That’s it! You are done with the process to install Android 4.0.4 on Sony Xperia Neo L MT25i.