Sony Xperia Z brought a blow in the smartphone market. This is one of those few smartphones by Sony which have helped company to keep its name in the smartphone industry. The software and hardware, both parts are admired by its users. If you have rooted your Sony Xperia Z, then you can install Jelly Bean 10.1.1.A.1.253 on it. This custom ROM is quite simple to install. Have a look at the below guide on how to install Jelly Bean 10.1.1.A.1.253 on Xperia Z C6602.
The custom ROMs and firmwares the best ways to enhance experience with Android device. The installation is also simple, but only for those who are experienced in it. If you are that, then feel free to follow the below guide. If you are not, then let me warn you that the installation process may result in data loss. There is possibility of even bigger loss as well. So, continue with this article at your own risk.
- As I said, data loss’s possibility is there with custom ROMs installation. So, better take backup first. Download apps from Google Play that helps in taking backup. Or, do it manually.
- Charge the battery. Up to which mark? Well, 80 percent at least.
- You need to have USB tools of your Sony’s device. Then only you can connect it to PC via USB cable. Head over to the official website of Sony to download USB tools for your device.
- This guide is specifically for Sony Xperia Z C6602 only.
- As you need to download ROM and other files, so, make sure to have Internet with you.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device. For this, you need to head over to ‘Settings’ section of your Android device.
Process to Install Android Jelly Bean 10.1.1.A.1.253 on Xperia Z C6602
- To start with this process to install Android Jelly Bean 10.1.1.A.1.253 on Xperia Z C6602, download ROM file from here. You also need to have Ftf file. Download it from here.
- You need to have Flashtool installed on your system. Download this tool from here.
- Copy the file downloaded in the first step, to the external SD card of your device.
- Run the Flashtool on your PC, and flash the Ftf file that you downloaded above.
- Turn off your Sony Xperia Z C6602 and disconnect it from the PC.
- Boot it into the recovery mode. What? To make this happen, just press Volume Down + Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together for a while.
- Navigate to the Install Zip from SD card and then select Choose Zip from SD card. Here select the ROM file that you downloaded at the very first step of this process.
- Once the installation is done, just select Reboot System Now. Yeah, that lies at the main recovery menu.
- The installation process won’t take more than just a few minutes to complete.
That’s it! You are done with the process to install Android Jelly Bean 10.1.1.A.1.253 on Xperia Z C6602.