Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS does come with many features. If you have ever tasted this Android’s OS, then you must be agree with my aforesaid words. A big portion of total no. of Android users use the Android ICS. If you have Sony Ericsson Ray, then you can also join that big portion. How? Well, by installing Android 4.0.1 ICS on it. The ROM is out, and so the installation process is. Here is the guide to install Android 4.0.1 ICS on Sony Ericsson Ray.
The custom ROMs and firmwares the best ways to enhance experience with Android device. The installation is also simple, but only for those who are experienced in it. If you are that, then feel free to follow the below guide. If you are not, then let me warn you that the installation process may result in data loss. There is possibility of even bigger loss as well. So, continue with this article at your own risk.
- As I said, data loss’s possibility is there with custom ROMs installation. So, better take backup first. Download apps from Google Play that helps in taking backup. Or, do it manually.
- Charge the battery. Up to which mark? Well, 80 percent at least.
- You need to have USB tools of your Sony’s device. Then only you can connect it to PC via USB cable. Head over to the official website of Sony to download USB tools for your device.
- This guide is specifically for Sony Ericsson Ray only.
- As you need to download ROM and other files, so, make sure to have Internet with you.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device. For this, you need to head over to ‘Settings’ section of your Android device.
Process to Install Android 4.0.1 ICS on Sony Ericsson Ray
- In this process to install Android 4.0.1 ICS on Sony Ericsson Ray, the first step is to download Android 4.0.1 ICS file from here.
- Also, download fastboot and ADB, and then install them on your computer.
- Extract the ROM zip file that you downloaded in the first step. Make sure to extract in the fastboot directory.
- While in the fastboot directory, open the command prompt with the administrator privilege. You can open it by doing the Shift and Right Click, and then by selecting the command prompt from the available options.
Fastboot fast boot boot.img
- After the above mentioned command, enter the following command:
- Navigate to Install Zip from SD card and then select Choose Zip from SD card. Select the ROM file here and begin installation.
- Wait for installation to complete.
That’s all! You are successfully done with the process to install Android 4.0.1 ICS on Sony Ericsson Ray. If you want help regarding any step, then just stop by and comment in the below comment box. It’s up to us to solve your problem. We’ll that as soon as possible.