Motorola has been very lazy in sending out updates to its devices. If you own Motorola device, then you must be familiar with it already. But who cares? There are many third-party developers to develop custom ROM for our esteemed Motorola devices. If not for all, then at least available for Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR XT912, as the AOKP Milestone 2 Android 4.2.2 has been out for it. In case you want to install it, just keep reading this simple guide, that’s about how to install AOKP Milestone 2 Android 4.2.2 on Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR XT912.
The custom ROMs and firmwares the best ways to enhance experience with Android device. The installation is also simple, but only for those who are experienced in it. If you are that, then feel free to follow the below guide. If you are not, then let me warn you that the installation process may result in data loss. There is possibility of even bigger loss as well. So, continue with this article at your own risk.
- As I said, data loss’s possibility is there with custom ROMs installation. So, better take backup first. Download apps from Google Play that helps in taking backup. Or, do it manually.
- Charge the battery. Up to which mark? Well, 80 percent at least.
- You need to have USB tools of your Sony’s device. Then only you can connect it to PC via USB cable. Head over to the official website of Sony to download USB tools for your device.
- This guide is specifically for Sony Xperia Z only.
- As you need to download ROM and other files, so, make sure to have Internet with you.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device. For this, you need to head over to ‘Settings’ section of your Android device.
Process to Install AOKP Milestone 2 Android 4.2.2 on Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR XT912
- In this process to install AOKP Milestone 2 Android 4.2.2 on Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR XT912, the first step is to download ROM from here.
- If you want, then you can download Google Apps as well.
- Copy the downloaded files. Connect your device to the PC. Paste these files to SD card of your phone.
- Turn off your Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR XT912 and disconnect it from the PC.
- Boot it into the recovery mode. What? To make this happen, just press Volume Down + Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together for a while.
- Navigate to the Install Zip from SD card and then select Choose Zip from SD card. Here select the ROM file that you downloaded at the very first step of this process.
- The installation process won’t take more than just a few minutes to complete.
- Once the installation is done, just select Reboot System Now. Yeah, that lies at the main recovery menu.
That’s it. You are done with the process to install AOKP Milestone 2 Android 4.2.2 on Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR XT912.