Sony Xperia Acro S has got treated with Jelly Bean. If you want to have this latest Android’s OS on your Acro S, then just take few minutes to read this article ahead, as it’s about process to install Jelly Bean 6.2.B.0.211 on Xperia Acro S.
The custom ROMs and firmwares the best ways to enhance experience with Android device. The installation is also simple, but only for those who are experienced in it. If you are that, then feel free to follow the below guide. If you are not, then let me warn you that the installation process may result in data loss. There is possibility of even bigger loss as well. So, continue with this article at your own risk.
- As I said, data loss’s possibility is there with custom ROMs installation. So, better take backup first. Download apps from Google Play that helps in taking backup. Or, do it manually.
- Charge the battery. Up to which mark? Well, 80 percent at least.
- You need to have USB tools of your Sony’s device. Then only you can connect it to PC via USB cable. Head over to the official website of Sony to download USB tools for your device.
- This guide is specifically for Xperia Acro S only.
- As you need to download ROM and other files, so, make sure to have Internet with you.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device. For this, you need to head over to ‘Settings’ section of your Android device.
Also Read: Install Official Android 4.1.2 on Xperia Ion
Process to Install Jelly Bean 6.2.B.0.211 on Xperia Acro S
- The very first step of this process to install Jelly Bean 6.2.B.0.211 on Xperia Acro S, is to download firmware from here.
- Download flashtool from here.
- Extract the firmware file and place it in the same directory as flash tool.
- Run a file named Flashtool-drivers. At the start up of this file, select the option that reads ‘Select components to install’. Here find the phone for which you want to flash the firmware.
- Done with the previous step? Now navigate to Flashtool directory and there run the file named FlashTool.exe. When it opens, make sure it indicates the successful connection of your device with computer.
- Turn off your device.
- Connect one end of USB cable to the computer. Connect other end to Android device. Make sure to press the Volume Down button while connecting the USB cable to it. It will result in the connection of device in flashmode.
- Click on ‘Black Thunder’, and then choose option that reads ‘flashmode’.
- Now, select the option ‘Select source folder’. It will open list of all files being there on your Android device. Select the firmware file here.
- The installation of firmware file will star. Let it complete.
- Restart the device after the process gets finished.
That’s it. You are done with the process to install Jelly Bean 6.2.B.0.211 on Xperia Acro S.