Google Nexus devices are the best if you want to enjoy the pure Android. Every new Android update is first made available for Nexus devices. You might have got the news that Android 4.3 is available for Nexus devices now. The list has Nexus 7 in its name as well. If you are looking for the way to root Nexus 7 and install CWM on it, then you are on the right place. I am here with the guide that will teach you how to root Nexus 7 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and install CWM.
The custom ROMs and firmwares the best ways to enhance experience with Android device. The installation is also simple, but only for those who are experienced in it. If you are that, then feel free to follow the below guide. If you are not, then let me warn you that the installation process may result in data loss. There is possibility of even bigger loss as well. So, continue with this article at your own risk.
- As I said, data loss’s possibility is there with custom ROMs installation. So, better take backup first. Download apps from Google Play that helps in taking backup. Or, do it manually.
- Charge the battery. Up to which mark? Well, 80 percent at least.
- You need to have USB tools of your Nexus’s device. Then only you can connect it to PC via USB cable. Head over to the official website of Nexus to download USB tools for your device.
- This guide is specifically for Nexus 7 only.
- As you need to download ROM and other files, so, make sure to have Internet with you.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device. For this, you need to head over to ‘Settings’ section of your Android device.
Process to Root Nexus 7 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and Install CWM
- The very first step in this guide to root Nexus 7 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and Install CWM , is to download and install Android SDK. Download it from here.
- Download the Fastboot file from here,
- Make sure to download SuperSU v1.43 as well. You can download it from here.
- Turn off your Nexus 7 device and start it in the fastboot mode. For this, press the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time.
- Move to the directory where you installed Android SDK. There, open the command prompt, Here’s how to do so- Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- Command Prompt opened? Just enter the following command there:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-184.108.40.206-grouper.img
- Select Recovery from the provided options. It will take you to recovery mode.
- Now, navigate to flash zip from SD card and then to choose zip from sdcard.
- Select the SuperSU zip file here. Let it install.
- Once the installation is done, just hit +++++Go Back and then reboot system now.
That’s all. You are done with the process to root Nexus 7 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and install CWM on it.