Samsung Galaxy S can now be upgraded to Android Gingerbread 2.3.6 OS. This version of Android is the one that exists on most of Android devices. If you want to taste it, then all you need to do is to read this article about Android Gingerbread 2.3 download for Samsung Galaxy S. This article will teach you about how and where to perform Android Gingerbread 2.3 download, and then install it on your Galaxy S.
Though the process mentioned ahead is well-written and is easy to understand, but still, there is not any surety that you will get success in it. Any wrong move can lead to negative results. You may end up in losing your important data which is a big loss indeed. Moreover, there may be serious damage to your device as well. So, we advise you to go with the process only if you have tried your hand in rooting before. If not, then better stop now. Those are stubborn and want to proceed ahead, please do at your own risk.
Dont Miss: Download Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Galaxy S3 Mini
- As already mentioned, there may be loss of data. So, better take its backup. This is indeed a wise step and simple too. You can use any app to take backup, or can do it manually as well. Having the backup, you can be back to the normal stat at anytime you want to.
- Charge your device to at least 80 percent. Better if you charge it fully and then start.
- Your computer must have all USB drivers for your device, installed on it.
- You need to go to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- You must have an active Internet connection on your PC.
Process for Android Gingerbread 2.3 download for Samsung Galaxy S
- Perform the Android Gingerbread 2.3 download from here.
- Odin 3.07 can be downloaded from here.
- Now shut down your device. Press Volume Down Key + Home + Power buttons together while restarting it. This will make an Android logo to come on screen, and thus entry in the Download Mode.
- Run Odin on your PC, and then use USB cable to connect your smartphone with PC.
- The message “Added!!” will come on Odin. This message tells that your Samsung Galaxy S is successfully connected with PC.
- If the message has come up, then perform the following task.
Click the ‘PDA’ and select file ‘.tar’ or ‘.md5′.
- Make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked. If not, tick the checkbox.
- Your part is done. Installation will start now.
- After a few minutes, the installation will get completed.
- Just restart your device.
That’s all done! The process is damn simple. Right? I have tried to explain it so as to make it even simple. I hope you follow it properly and meet the success. If during the process, you face any difficulty, feel free to ask for the help. Use the comment box to ask help.
A full-time blogger & Digital Marketing Expert in India. An early adopter who loves to try out various Digital, Blogging & Social media tools along with exploring some cool iOS and Android apps.