The Galaxy S4 has been in the market for quite some time now. This smartphone is getting praised by every gadget freak. One thing is quite surprising that overwhelming popularity of Galaxy S4 has not put the Galaxy S3 I9300 into darkness. This smartphone is still very popular. The popularity gets cleared from the fact that custom ROMs for this smartphone are being developed continuously. But this time, it's not any custom ROM, but the official ROM. Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official ROM is what I am talking about. This official ROM is yet to be officially released by the Samsung, but it has leaked already. Thanks to that leak that you don't need to wait for this ROM to get launched officially. You can download and install it on your Galaxy S3 right away! Being proud owner of Galaxy S3 I9300, you must be interested in knowing the guide to get Galaxy S3 I9300 Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. If yes, then do follow the below guide.
The rooting and custom ROMs installation are quite simple, but could be done by everyone. An experienced hand is required in this. If you don't have so, then I would recommend you to stay away from this guide. If you want to try, then do this at your own risk. The wrong step could result in data or any other damage.
- Take backup of entire data before proceeding ahead.
- Charge the battery up to 80 percent.
- Download and install USB drivers for your Galaxy S3, on your PC.
- This guide is for Galaxy S3 I9300 only. The use of it on any device may cause problems to that device.
- USB Debugging Mode must be enabled first before you step into the guide.
Steps to Get Galaxy S3 I9300 Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- In order to get Galaxy S3 I9300 Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, you first need to download the CF Root file from here.
- Download Odin from here.
- Press Home, Volume Down and Power buttons. Yeah, all together. Keep them pressed until you see the warning on the screen. Pressing Volume Down button will take you into the Download Mode.
- Connect the S3 to computer using data cable. This step in this guide to get Galaxy S3 I9300 Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, must be performed with proper care. Before you do this, run Odin on PC. If you see 'Added!!' message in Odin, then it means that till this point, all has gone well.
- Perform the following step:
Select PDA button and there select the .tar file.
- Select Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxed and click on 'Start' button.
- The installation process will start. Wait for it to get finished.
- When the process is all done, you will be having Galaxy S3 I9300 Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with you.
That's it. You have now Galaxy S3 I9300 Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with you. Enjoy!
A full-time blogger & Digital Marketing Expert in India. An early adopter who loves to try out various Digital, Blogging & Social media tools along with exploring some cool iOS and Android apps.