Since the Android is most popular mobile OS, and its sales figure lie at the top among of all smartphones sales, so you are most likely to be Android user. While working with your Android device, you might have found the need of hard resetting it. There can be many reasons why one needs to hard reset one’s Android device. Hard Reset is the best solution if your Android device gives you some performance issues. If you are looking for the way to hard reset an Android device free, then you are on the right page. In this article I will share how you can hard reset an Android device free.
If you Can Boot Your Android Device
Depending on the fact that whether or not you can boot your Android device, there are two ways. The first that I am writing here is for the case if you can boot your Android device. If this is the situation with you, then consider yourself lucky, as the process is quite simple here. Do the following steps:
- First of all, take backup of all of your important data. It does not matter that you do it manually, or with any app; just do it.
- Head over to Settings section of your Android device. There, look for the option that reads ‘Backup & reset’. Just select it.
- Now you will be asked to confirm your selection. Do it.
- The process ‘hard reset an Android device free’ has been completed successfully.
If You Can’t Boot Your Android Device
If you can’t boot your Android device, then of course, the above method does not hold any importance for you. In such case, you will have to hard reset an Android device free by following the below steps.
- In this case also, make sure that you take backup of all of your important data.
- The intention here is to perform the hard reset by booting into Recovery Mode. To do so, first switch off your Android device. Once it is done, just use the special buttons combination to start your device in the Recovery Mode. What that button combination is? Well, that depends on the smartphone you are having in your hand. You can Google the recovery mode process for your particular smartphone.
- In the Recovery Mode, you will see an Android Robot in the background with its chest opened. If you are able to see it, then you are surely into the Recovery Mode.
- This mode contains many options in it. Just scroll down and look for the option that reads Recovery Mode. Tap on it.
- Press Power button and tap Volume Up, which will bring the recovery menu on the screen.
- Select the option ‘wipe data / factory reset’. Now, select the Yes – erase all user data. This is the last step in the ‘hard reset an Android device free’ process.
- Your Android device will hard reset now.