Sony's Xperia line-up has got many good smartphones in it. The Sony Xperia P LT22i is one of them. This smart originally runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS, which is quite old now. If you are tired from using this, then you must be curious to know the way to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on it, right? Those who are not about this firmware, let me clear the air. By installing this ROM, you can enjoy features like Google Now, Enhanced Performance, Better User Interface, Enhanced Battery Performance etc. So, willing to install this Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Sony Xperia P LT22i? If yes, then do follow the below guide.
Though the process mentioned ahead is well-written and is easy to understand, but still, there is not any surety that you will get success in it. Any wrong move can lead to negative results. You may end up in losing your important data which is a big loss indeed. Moreover, there may be serious damage to your device as well. So, we advise you to go with the process only if you have tried your hand in rooting before. If not, then better stop now. Those are stubborn and want to proceed ahead, please do at your own risk.
- As already mentioned, there may be loss of data. So, better take its backup. This is indeed a wise step and simple too. You can use any app to take backup, or can do it manually as well. Having the backup, you can be back to the normal stat at anytime you want to.
- Charge your device to at least 80 percent. Better if you charge it fully and then start.
- Your computer must have all USB drivers for your device, installed on it.
- You need to go to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- You must have an active Internet connection on your PC.
Steps to Have Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Sony Xperia P LT22i
- The very first step is to download FlashTool. This tool can be downloaded from here.
- Install this flashtool on your system. Don't panic! It's quite easy to install.
- After installing it, just run it as an administrator.
- You will be asked to select the components. From the available list, make sure to select flashmode and fastboot.
- Now you are required to download the .ftf file, which you can do from here.
- Place this freshly downloaded file to the firmwares folder that exists in the FlashTool directory.
- Keep the Flashtool running in the background. Connect the USB of your device while pressing volume down. When the message 'Device connected in Flashmode' comes in the FlashTool, then it means the connection is successful.
- Click the thunder icon and then select the .ftf file.
- Let FlashTool do its jon. You'll see message that reads “Finished!”
- You can disconnect your Sony Xperia P LT22i.
You have now Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Sony Xperia P LT22i.
A full-time blogger & Digital Marketing Expert in India. An early adopter who loves to try out various Digital, Blogging & Social media tools along with exploring some cool iOS and Android apps.