Out of all OS available for computers today, it is the Windows OS, that is used by majority of people. You might also be one of them. If you are one of those who like to keep updated with the technology, then chances are quite high that you are running Windows 7 OS on your computer. Yeah, I know that Windows 8 is the latest OS, but come on, there are many who still love the Windows 7 the most. I am also one of them, and you are also most likely to be so.
One interesting fact in the Windows 7 users is that majority of them are running pirated version. If you are among such people, then let me tell you that sooner or later, you will start getting irritated by Microsoft with the 'Windows 7 Not Genuine' error. This is the way by which Microsoft irritates those who use pirated versions, and thus convince them to buy the original Windows. Oh! So you have already started getting Windows 7 Not Genuine Error? Getting annoyed by it? Looking for the process to fix it? If yes, then you are on the right page. I am here with the guide, by following which, you will be able to fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error. Don't panic! This method is not tough, and you don't need to be any advanced user so as to follow it and fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error. The fix is done by a single command in the command prompt. Complete explanation about how to fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error, is in the next section.
How to Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error
- As I just mentioned, the fix is done with command in the command prompt. So, I don't think there should be any doubt regarding what's the first step! Yeah, you guess it right! The first step is to open the command prompt. For this, go to Windows Run Dialog Box from the Start Menu, and there type 'CMD'.
- The one and only exception or say precaution here is that you must run the command prompt as an administrator. This can be done by selecting the 'run as administrator' option that comes up when you right click on 'CMD' option.
- So now the command prompt is running on your system, with you having the administrator powers.
- Now, enter the following command in the command prompt.
Also Read: How to partition for Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Wait for few seconds. A windows warning box will come up. Don't need to bother about it. The warning box is to make you aware from the output of command that you just entered.
- Now, just restart your computer.
- When your Windows 7 will restart, there will be no Windows 7 Not Genuine Error in it.
That's it! You have successfully done with the process to fix Windows 7 Not Genuine error. Need any help? Use the below comment box for that.
A full-time blogger & Digital Marketing Expert in India. An early adopter who loves to try out various Digital, Blogging & Social media tools along with exploring some cool iOS and Android apps.