Android 4.1.2 firmware is available for Xperia Go ST27i. This firmware packs all features of Android Jelly Bean, plus some extra tweaks to enhance experience of owners of this esteemed device. If you are one, then do follow this guide to install Android 4.1.2 on Xperia Go ST27i.
The custom ROMs and firmwares the best ways to enhance experience with Android device. The installation is also simple, but only for those who are experienced in it. If you are that, then feel free to follow the below guide. If you are not, then let me warn you that the installation process may result in data loss. There is possibility of even bigger loss as well. So, continue with this article at your own risk.
- As I said, data loss’s possibility is there with custom ROMs installation. So, better take backup first. Download apps from Google Play that helps in taking backup. Or, do it manually.
- Charge the battery. Up to which mark? Well, 80 percent at least.
- You need to have USB tools of your Sony’s device. Then only you can connect it to PC via USB cable. Head over to the official website of Sony to download USB tools for your device.
- This guide is specifically for Xperia Go ST27i only.
- As you need to download ROM and other files, so, make sure to have Internet with you.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device. For this, you need to head over to ‘Settings’ section of your Android device.
How to Root Jelly Bean 6.2.B.0.200 firmware ROM on Xperia S
How to Install CM10 Jelly Bean ROM on Sony Xperia Tipo
How to Install Android Jelly Bean 10.1.1.A.1.307 on Xperia Z C6602
Process to Install Android 4.1.2 on Xperia Go ST27i
- In this process to install Android 4.1.2 on Xperia Go ST27i, the first step is to download Android 4.1.2 from here.
- You also need to download the Flashtool, which you can do from here.
- Extract the firmware file and place it in the same directory as flash tool.
- Run file named Flashtool-drivers. At the start up of this file, select the option that reads ‘Select components to install’. Here find the phone for which you want to flash the firmware.
- Now navigate to Flashtool directory and there run the file named FlashTool.exe. When it opens, make sure it indicates (at the bottom of window) the successful connection of your device with computer.
- Turn off your device.
- Connect one end of USB cable to the computer and other end to Android device. Make sure to press the Volume Down button while connecting the USB cable to it. It will result in the connection of device in flashmode.
- Click on ‘Black Thunder’, and then choose option that reads ‘flashmode’.
- Now, select the option ‘Select source folder’. It will open list of all files being there on your Android device. Select the firmware file here.
- The installation of firmware file will star. Let it complete.
- Restart the device after the process gets finished.
That’s it. You are done with the process to install Android 4.1.2 on Xperia Go ST27i.
A full-time blogger & Digital Marketing Expert in India. An early adopter who loves to try out various Digital, Blogging & Social media tools along with exploring some cool iOS and Android apps.