Got LG Nexus 4 with you? Getting bored of it now? Bring a new life in this device, and hence your fun, by installing Android 4.2.2 SlimBean Build 7 ROM on it. This custom ROM has been made available by developer, and in this article, I will tell you how you can have it installed on your Nexus 4. The process I am going to write down, will help you installing this custom ROM. So don't panic! Just take time to follow the guide to install Android 4.2.2 SlimBean Build 7 ROM on Nexus 4.
The custom ROMs and firmwares the best ways to enhance experience with Android device. The installation is also simple, but only for those who are experienced in it. If you are that, then feel free to follow the below guide. If you are not, then let me warn you that the installation process may result in data loss. There is possibility of even bigger loss as well. So, continue with this article at your own risk.
- As I said, data loss's possibility is there with custom ROMs installation. So, better take backup first. Download apps from Google Play that helps in taking backup. Or, do it manually.
- Charge the battery. Up to which mark? Well, 80 percent at least.
- You need to have USB tools of your LG's device. Then only you can connect it to PC via USB cable. Head over to the official website of LG to download USB tools for your device.
- This guide is specifically for Nexus 4 only.
- As you need to download ROM and other files, so, make sure to have Internet with you.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device. For this, you need to head over to 'Settings' section of your Android device.
Process to Install Android 4.2.2 SlimBean Build 7 ROM on Nexus 4
- Step into this process to install Android 4.2.2 SlimBean Build 7 ROM on Nexus 4, by downloading the required ROM file from here.
- Download Google Apps package from here.
- Copy both of these downloaded files. Connect your device to the PC. Paste the files to SD card of your phone.
- Turn off your LG Nexus 4 and disconnect it from the PC.
- Boot it into the recovery mode. What? To make this happen, just press Volume Down + Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together for a while.
- Navigate to the Install Zip from SD card and then select Choose Zip from SD card. Here select the ROM file that you downloaded at the very first step of this process.
- The installation process won't take more than just a few minutes to complete.
- Once the installation is done, just select Reboot System Now. Yeah, that lies at the main recovery menu.
- Install Google Apps package in the same way.
That's all. You are done with the process to install Android 4.2.2 SlimBean Build 7 ROM on Nexus 4.