Sony Xperia S's owners have got reason to joy, as they can now root Jelly Bean 6.2.B.0.200 firmware ROM on this device. Doing so is pretty easy, and there no special knowledge is required for it. But, simple only if you follow the below guide step-by-step.
The custom ROMs and firmwares the best ways to enhance experience with Android device. The installation is also simple, but only for those who are experienced in it. If you are that, then feel free to follow the below guide. If you are not, then let me warn you that the installation process may result in data loss. There is possibility of even bigger loss as well. So, continue with this article at your own risk.
- As I said, data loss's possibility is there with custom ROMs installation. So, better take backup first. Download apps from Google Play that helps in taking backup. Or, do it manually.
- Charge the battery. Up to which mark? Well, 80 percent at least.
- You need to have USB tools of your Sony's device. Then only you can connect it to PC via USB cable. Head over to the official website of Sony to download USB tools for your device.
- This guide is specifically for Sony Xperia S only.
- As you need to download ROM and other files, so, make sure to have Internet with you.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device. For this, you need to head over to 'Settings' section of your Android device.
Process to Root Jelly Bean 6.2.B.0.200 firmware ROM on Xperia S
- First of all, in this process to root Jelly Bean 6.2.B.0.200 firmware ROM on Xperia S, download the ROM file from here.
- Download Flash Advanced stock kernel from here.
- Download custom recovery from this link.
- Downloaded all of above listed files? Place them it in a single folder, and name this folder 'Fastboot'.
- Turn off your device. Connect it to PC using data cable.
- Press the 'Volume Down'. Keep it pressed for a while. It will enter your device in fastboot mode.
- Open the folder named 'Fastboot' that we created above. While in this folder, run the command prompt.
- Don't know how to open command prompt? Pretty simple it is. Just press Shift and Right Click button. It will open the list of options, select 'Open CMD Window Here' option.
- So, now the command prompt is running on your PC. All you need to do now is to enter the following command:
fastboot flash boot S_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-200_v2.elf
- Once the installation is done, your device will restart.
That's all. You are done with the process to root Jelly Bean 6.2.B.0.200 firmware ROM on Xperia S. Faced any difficulty during the process? If yes, then do let us know what created problem, in the below comment box.
A full-time blogger & Digital Marketing Expert in India. An early adopter who loves to try out various Digital, Blogging & Social media tools along with exploring some cool iOS and Android apps.