Although Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS is little old now, but it’s still used by many. The current user count of this OS is more than enough to speak about the usefulness of ICS. Now, you can have this popular Android’s version on your Sony Ericsson Arc S by installing Android 4.0.1 ICS on it. Yeah, there is custom ROM for it. Those out of you who are expert in custom ROMs installation, may find it pretty easy installing this ROM. Whether you are an expert or not, I would suggest you to continue reading this post which is about how to install Android 4.0.1 ICS on Sony Ericsson Arc S.
The custom ROMs and firmwares the best ways to enhance experience with Android device. The installation is also simple, but only for those who are experienced in it. If you are that, then feel free to follow the below guide. If you are not, then let me warn you that the installation process may result in data loss. There is possibility of even bigger loss as well. So, continue with this article at your own risk.
- As I said, data loss’s possibility is there with custom ROMs installation. So, better take backup first. Download apps from Google Play that helps in taking backup. Or, do it manually.
- Charge the battery. Up to which mark? Well, 80 percent at least.
- You need to have USB tools of your Sony’s device. Then only you can connect it to PC via USB cable. Head over to the official website of Sony to download USB tools for your device.
- This guide is specifically for Sony Ericsson Arc S only.
- As you need to download ROM and other files, so, make sure to have Internet with you.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device. For this, you need to head over to ‘Settings’ section of your Android device.
Process to Install Android 4.0.1 ICS on Sony Ericsson Arc S
- First of all, to start with this process to install Android 4.0.1 ICS on Sony Ericsson Arc S, download the Android 4.0.1 ICS custom ROM from here.
- Also, download fastboot and ADB, and then install them on your computer.
- Extract the ROM zip file that you downloaded in the first step. Make sure to extract in the fastboot directory.
- While in the fastboot directory, open the command prompt. You can open it by doing the Shift and Right Click. Then select the command prompt from the available options.
Fastboot fast boot boot.img
- After the above mentioned command, enter the following command:
- Navigate to Install Zip from SD card and then select Choose Zip from SD card. Select the ROM file here and begin installation.
- Wait for installation to complete.
That’s it. The process to install Android 4.0.1 ICS on Sony Ericsson Arc S is done completely. Hit the comment box for further help, if needed.