If you are one of those who don't like to install OTA updates, instead proceed with manual ROM's installation, then you might be interested in this article. Your interest in this article is assured if you own Sony Xperia Ion. I am here with the guide to install Official Android 4.1.2 on Xperia Ion. With this update, you can have a better experience with your Xperia Ion. So, I would suggest you to continue reading this article.
The custom ROMs and firmwares the best ways to enhance experience with Android device. The installation is also simple, but only for those who are experienced in it. If you are that, then feel free to follow the below guide. If you are not, then let me warn you that the installation process may result in data loss. There is possibility of even bigger loss as well. So, continue with this article at your own risk.
- As I said, data loss's possibility is there with custom ROMs installation. So, better take backup first. Download apps from Google Play that helps in taking backup. Or, do it manually.
- Charge the battery. Up to which mark? Well, 80 percent at least.
- You need to have USB tools of your Sony's device. Then only you can connect it to PC via USB cable. Head over to the official website of Sony to download USB tools for your device.
- This guide is specifically for Sony Xperia Ion only.
- As you need to download ROM and other files, so, make sure to have Internet with you.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device. For this, you need to head over to 'Settings' section of your Android device.
Process to Install Official Android 4.1.2 on Xperia Ion
- The first step is to download the Flashing tool. So if you want to step into this process to install Official Android 4.1.2 on Xperia Ion, then download the flashing tool first. Download it from here.
- Download the Android update file from here.
- Save both of these downloaded files to your PC. Install the Flashing Tool as well. Moreover, place the Android update file on desktop.
- Now, run the Flashtool. Select 'Flashmode” from the screen that asks for it.
- Just tap the “…”. The list of files saved in your computer, will open. Select the ftf file that you downloaded in the second step and placed on desktop.
- Keep the Volume Up key pressed. Meantime, just connect your device to PC. Yeah, using USB cable.
- The installation process will start.
- Your task is nothing, but to wait for the installation to finish only.
- Once the installation is done, which will happen almost after couple of minutes, your esteemed Xperia Ion will restart itself.
That's it! The process to install Official Android 4.1.2 on Xperia Ion is done successfully. Hit the comment box if you need any help.
A full-time blogger & Digital Marketing Expert in India. An early adopter who loves to try out various Digital, Blogging & Social media tools along with exploring some cool iOS and Android apps.