The esteemed tablet from Sony, the Sony Xperia Z Tablet has received the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update. It’s an over-the-air update and will be available on your Xperia Z Tablet anytime soon. So, just be patient to have your hands on it. What? You can’t wait for the firmware anymore? In such case, you should install the update manually. The process is quite simple. Just read out this article ahead to learn about how to install Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Sony Xperia Z Tablet.
The custom ROMs and firmwares the best ways to enhance experience with Android device. The installation is also simple, but only for those who are experienced in it. If you are that, then feel free to follow the below guide. If you are not, then let me warn you that the installation process may result in data loss. There is possibility of even bigger loss as well. So, continue with this article at your own risk.
- As I said, data loss’s possibility is there with custom ROMs installation. So, better take backup first. Download apps from Google Play that helps in taking backup. Or, do it manually.
- Charge the battery. Up to which mark? Well, 80 percent at least.
- You need to have USB tools of your Sony’s device. Then only you can connect it to PC via USB cable. Head over to the official website of Sony to download USB tools for your device.
- This guide is specifically for Sony Xperia Z Tablet only.
- As you need to download ROM and other files, so, make sure to have Internet with you.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device. For this, you need to head over to ‘Settings’ section of your Android device.
Process to install Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Sony Xperia Z Tablet
- In this process to install Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Sony Xperia Z Tablet, the first step is to download the official firmware file. You can download it from here.
- You need to download the Flashtool which you can do from here.
- Create a folder in the C drive and give it the name flashtoolfirmwares. Paste the firmware file in this folder.
- Run the Flashtool on your PC. Click on lightning bolt symbol, select Flashmode, and then click on OK.
- Just move to C:flashtoolfirmwares , and there select the firmware file that you downloaded in the first step.
- Now click on the Flash button. Here you will see Preparing files for flashing message.
- Connect the tablet to PC using the USB Cable.
- Do the following steps:
Disconnect your tablet and then turn it Off.
Press Volume Down when connecting the tablet to PC.
- Installation process will start which will take a few mins to complete.
- Restart your tablet on the completion of process.
That’s it. You are done with the process to install Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Sony Xperia Z Tablet.