Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 has seen many custom ROMs and Firmwares so far. In this list , a new one has got added. XXEMG4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is out now, and you are most likely to be curious to have this latest ROM on your Galaxy S3. If my guess was right, then you are on the right place. Here I am posting detailed guide to install XXEMG4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
The custom ROMs and firmwares the best ways to enhance experience with Android device. The installation is also simple, but only for those who are experienced in it. If you are that, then feel free to follow the below guide. If you are not, then let me warn you that the installation process may result in data loss. There is possibility of even bigger loss as well. So, continue with this article at your own risk.
- As I said, data loss's possibility is there with custom ROMs installation. So, better take backup first. Download apps from Google Play that helps in taking backup. Or, do it manually.
- Charge the battery. Up to which mark? Well, 80 percent at least.
- You need to have USB tools of your Samsung's device. Then only you can connect it to PC via USB cable. Head over to the official website of Samsung to download USB tools for your device.
- This guide is specifically for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 only.
- As you need to download ROM and other files, so, make sure to have Internet with you.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device. For this, you need to head over to 'Settings' section of your Android device.
Process to Install XXEMG4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- The first step in this guide to install XXEMG4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, is to download the firmware file from here.
- Download the Odin from this link.
- Turn off your Galaxy device and enter it into the Download Mode. For this, the procedure is quite simple. Just press Power, Volume Up and Down buttons. Yeah, all at the same moment.
- Connect your S3 with the PC. You will see 'Added' message appearing in the window of Odin.
- Proceed as:
Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file
Click Phone button and select file MODEM.
Click CSC button and select file CSC.
Click PIT button and select .pit file
- Check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time boxes. Uncheck the one with name Re-Partition.
- Click Start button in Odin. It will start the installation.
- After the setup is done, just restart your device.
That's all! You are done with the process to install XXEMG4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. If you need any further help in this guide, then feel free to drop your questions in the below given comment box.
A full-time blogger & Digital Marketing Expert in India. An early adopter who loves to try out various Digital, Blogging & Social media tools along with exploring some cool iOS and Android apps.