Sony has been very quick and punctual in sending firmware updates to its Xperia line-up devices. Now, the Sony Xperia Ion has got Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. If you have been looking for the way to install this, then you are on the right place. I will teach you about how to perform Sony Xperia Ion Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean download. You just need to follow the guide, nothing else. So do it now so as to perform Sony Xperia Ion Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean download.
Though the process mentioned ahead is well-written and is easy to understand, but still, there is not any surety that you will get success in it. Any wrong move can lead to negative results. You may end up in losing your important data which is a big loss indeed. Moreover, there may be serious damage to your device as well. So, we advise you to go with the process only if you have tried your hand in rooting before. If not, then better stop now. Those are stubborn and want to proceed ahead, please do at your own risk.
- As already mentioned, there may be loss of data. So, better take its backup. This is indeed a wise step and simple too. You can use any app to take backup, or can do it manually as well. Having the backup, you can be back to the normal stat at anytime you want to.
- Charge your device to at least 80 percent. Better if you charge it fully and then start.
- Your computer must have all USB drivers for your device, installed on it.
- You need to go to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- You must have an active Internet connection on your PC.
Process to Sony Xperia Ion Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Download
- Perform the Sony Xperia Ion Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean download from here.
- Download Google Apps from here.
- Transfer the files to your Sony Xperia Ion. It can be done by connecting device with computer via USB cable.
- If you are done with above, then next step is to boot your Sony Xperia Ion to Recovery Mode. It can be done by pressing Volume Up +Volume Down + Power buttons together. Soon, an Android logo will surface on your device’s screen. This is the proof that you are in the Recovery Mode.
- Now navigate to the option that reads “install zip from SD card”. Don’t know how to navigate? Use Volume Keys!
- In the list that comes up, select the ROM file that you downloaded in the first step.
- Confirm the installation, and then wait for it to get finished.
- Go to main menu and select ‘reboot system now’. Sony Xperia Ion will restart now.
That’s all done smoothly. You are done with the process of Sony Xperia Ion Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean download.