Many people in the world have been victims of hackers, deceived by quite effective tricks that do not raise suspicion.
The world of internet is quite large and has many wonders that continue to evolve impressive rate. Just as there are great things on the net, it also has many risks and dangers such as viruses and hackers.
If it's a social network like Facebook or Twitter, it is more likely to obtain personal information of the victim. Being a bank account or intermediaries such as Paypal or Payonner, the money would be what the victim lost.
There are much malicious software which is also seen on computers, through which the hackers can get your personal, confidential, or usernames and passwords.
Consumers using the same username and the same password on multiple accounts online sites such as banks, email and Internet purchases are those who are most at risk.
Before the attacks suffered by hackers Facebook malicious security firm Symantec sent suggestions to maintain a high level of safety and caution should be exercised on any message received from a website or appears to be sent from a website and protected to upgrade their security solutions.
1. Consumers using the same username and the same password on multiple accounts online sites such as banks, email and Internet purchases are those who are most at risk, because once that cyber criminals steal credentials an account could enter and get all the other economic benefits and personal information.
2. More importantly, consumers should have a high level of caution on all messages received from Web sites or appear to come from Web sites. It is recommended that instead of clicking the link in any message, better typed the URL directly into your browser and ensure that the site is correct.
3. Likewise, when visiting any website, it is important to look at the address in the browser bar, because although you cannot always identify that it is a fake site, in the case of this particular threat is obviously this is not the address Welcome to Facebook! | Facebook
4. Additionally, you should use complex passwords and different for each site or Web service. Below we share some suggestions:
- Use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, symbols and numbers.
- Make sure you have passwords that contain eight characters. The more characters a password contains, the more difficult to guess.
- Try to keep your passwords random and unpredictable.
- Use different passwords for each account.
- Change your passwords regularly. Create a routine, how to change the first or last day of the month.
- Never write your passwords, and do not share-with anyone.
- Do not use names or numbers associated with you as your date of birth or your nicknames.
- Do not use your username as password, no way.
- Do not use words derived from your name, or the name of a family member or pet.
- Avoid using a word as a password, in any language. Join the numbers or special characters.
- Do not use the word "password" as the password.
- Avoid using personal information that can be obtained easily as the number of plates, the model of your car, the street where you live, etc..
- Do not say "yes" when you are offered to keep your username and password on a computer, best generates a strong password and memorize it or use a reliable password management.
A full-time blogger & Digital Marketing Expert in India. An early adopter who loves to try out various Digital, Blogging & Social media tools along with exploring some cool iOS and Android apps.